Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beer BBQ'd Pulled Pork

One of the first recipes I posted on this blog was for pulled pork. I got the recipe from Big City Cooking and my husband and I absolutely loved it. The rootbeer gave the pork a really nice taste.

Now that I have been cooking more and more these past couple months, I decided to put a twist on that recipe. We had some extra beer hanging around the refrigerator, so I thought I would give this a try.

Beer BBQ'd Pulled Pork

see this recipe
instead of root beer, I used a bottle of this:


picture taken from the blog A Roughneck's Take on Beer


Review

This ended up being much more delicious than I could have imagined. The beer really permeated the pork and made it really moist. Even after mixing it with the BBQ sauce, the pork retained a slight flavor of the beer, which mixed well with the taste of the BBQ sauce. A+!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really good Melissa. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Cheers,
    Elra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh what a great ingredient to add in a pulled pork recipe!

    ReplyDelete