Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Perfectly Chocolate" Hot Cocoa

Brrr!! It's really cold outside in NJ this time of year. The perfect cure for this a decadent cup of hot chocolate. As a result of my recent baking exploits, I have a box of Hershey's unsweetened chocolate powder in my cupboard. On the side of the box is the following recipe.

"Perfectly Chocolate" Hot Cocoa
from Hershey's Kitchens


Ingredients

2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Hershey's Cocoa
Dash salt
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large mug. Heat milk in microwave at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Gradually add milk to cocoa mixture; stir well. Stir in vanilla. (I topped mine with whipped cream and added a peppermint stick; see below)



Review

When I was a kid, my mom usually made me and my brother hot chocolate by grabbing a swiss miss packet and mixing it with hot water. While this is really good, using milk makes it taste SO much better. This is the perfect dessert on a cold wintry day.

5 comments:

  1. mmm - I could use a cup of hot cocoa right about now! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, Melissa. Nothing more comforting than having hot cocoa on a cold day.
    Cheers,
    Elra

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, there is nothing as comforting and as perfect as hot cocoa. I would like to invite you to visit Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit - and share your favorite recipe and/or link your blog to foodista-related pages using our small embeddable widgets. Check it out here.. This is a great way for you to build blog traffic and connect with other food lovers! Also feel free to share your recipes and tips with us!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I join you? I want one right now after seeing that!! It looks wonderfully perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this hot chocolate recipe!! I like to put peppermint schnapps in it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete