Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BBQ Pulled Pork

I've been wanting to try a crockpot recipe but too scared to do it while I was at work. Sunday was the perfect day to try since we were home all day. I found this recipe on the Big City Cooking blog. As I was cooking, I wasn't able to smell anything, so I was nervous that I did it wrong. The recipe came out great, though! 

taken from Big City Cooking

Ingredients:

2 lb pork tenderloin
12 oz can of Dr. Pepper
18 oz bottle of BBQ Sauce
8 hamburger buns

Directions:

Poke holes in the tenderloin with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Place the pork in a slow cooker and pour the Dr. Pepper over it. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until well cooked and pork shreds easily.  Drain well. Shred the chicken with two forks. Stir in BBQ sauce. Serve on hamburger buns. 

Servings: Makes 8-10 sandwiches

Modifications:

1. We like stuff spicy so i seasoned the pork with some cayenne, and garlic and onion powder.
2. My pork loin was slightly bigger, so we used extra BBQ sauce and extra Dr. Pepper.

Review:

This recipe was so easy and so good, I almost didn't believe it! The pork came out so juicy and tender, I didn't think I was the one who made it. I will definitely be making this again. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed this one... its def a staple in our house!

    ReplyDelete