Thursday, October 23, 2008

Egg Muffins

I've been looking for something different to eat for breakfast. I'm so tired of cereal and I don't like oatmeal, so I hit the web looking for a recipe that included neither of the above. I found the following recipe on the blog Culinary Kicks.



Bacon and Egg Mini Muffins
taken from the blog Culinary Kicks by Rachel, original recipe from Bisquick
 

Ingredients:
2/3 cup original Bisquick mix
1/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 eggs
2/3 cup shredded cheese
1/2 - 2/3 cup cooked chopped bacon
4 medium green onion, sliced thin


Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees and spray 24 muffin cups.  Whisk together Bisquick, half and half, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs.  Divide remaining ingredients among the muffin cups then spoon a tablespoon of the egg mixture into each muffin cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in the pan and serve, or allow to completely cool and store in the fridge for several days.


Servings: 24


Modifications:
1. I wanted to use these for breakfast so I added chopped green peppers and broccoli, and flax seed.
2. I only used one onion because I'm not a big onion person.
3. I used mozzarella cheese.
4. The only muffin pan I have is a 12 cup, so I used that.
5. I used Stop n Shop pancake mix 


Review:
Delicious! They came out kind of small, so I didn't think they would be that filling, but they were. I eat one for breakfast and it keeps me full until 11 am. The additions of the broccoli and the green peppers made this a real meal. My muffin pan only made 12, so the serving size was cut in half. They're so quick and easy to make, I can see myself making them all the time.

2 comments: