Bacon and Egg Mini Muffins
taken from the blog Culinary Kicks by Rachel, original recipe from Bisquick
2/3 cup original Bisquick mix
1/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup shredded cheese
1/2 - 2/3 cup cooked chopped bacon
4 medium green onion, sliced thin
Heat oven to 400 degrees and spray 24 muffin cups. Whisk together Bisquick, half and half, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs. Divide remaining ingredients among the muffin cups then spoon a tablespoon of the egg mixture into each muffin cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in the pan and serve, or allow to completely cool and store in the fridge for several days.
1. I wanted to use these for breakfast so I added chopped green peppers and broccoli, and flax seed.
2. I only used one onion because I'm not a big onion person.
3. I used mozzarella cheese.
4. The only muffin pan I have is a 12 cup, so I used that.
5. I used Stop n Shop pancake mix
Delicious! They came out kind of small, so I didn't think they would be that filling, but they were. I eat one for breakfast and it keeps me full until 11 am. The additions of the broccoli and the green peppers made this a real meal. My muffin pan only made 12, so the serving size was cut in half. They're so quick and easy to make, I can see myself making them all the time.