Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday Brunch Menu

Last Sunday I hosted a brunch for 13 of our closest friends. I've always loved breakfast food, and hate that I can never serve it when we have a party because we always have them at night. So this Sunday, I got my chance to cook up a fabulous brunch for some even more fabulous people.

Now, before I get to the menu, I need to apologize for not having any pictures. Even though I prepared almost everything the night before, the morning was a little hectic and I didn't have time to snap any before it was all devoured. At least there were no leftovers - that's a good thing, right?

Sunday Brunch Menu

Food


Cherry Poppy Seed Muffins from Tyler Florence - These muffins were to die for. We actually had a few left over and I was so happy to be able to eat them for the next few days as a quick breakfast on the way to work.

Blueberry Muffins from Alton Brown - I thought these were a little greasy and they didn't really rise. I think the next time I want to make blueberry muffins I'll use the base recipe from the muffins above and substitute in blueberries.

Scrambled Eggs - always a favorite of mine. I'll sneak in a picture from a few months ago when I posted about a small scrambled egg breakfast.


Overnight French Toast - Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, Bridal Edition - this was the closest recipe I could find online to match the one from the book.

Yogurt - no one really ate the yogurt but I had to include something healthy. If I had to do it again, I'd mix in some almonds and blueberries to make it look more appetizing.

Fresh Fruit

Bacon - I only made one pack of bacon, and it was barely enough. I was the last one to make up my plate and there was only one lonely piece left when I got to it.

Apple Harvest Oatmeal - this was really delicious too. I don't normally like Oatmeal, but with all the different spices in it, this tastes lovely. It wasn't that hard to make, either.

Beverages
Coffee
Tea
Orange Juice - with fresh sliced oranges - I only bought 1 gallon of juice and it went quickly. I think next year I am going to try making mimosas.

1 comment:

  1. 13 people for breakfast - wow! It's always so hard to get all the food together so that it's fresh and hot at the same time. Sounds like it was a hit. One of my friends has a yogurt bar with different toppings and it always goes over good. People make parfaits, etc. It's kind of like dessert for breakfast.
    Sounds like it was all a big hit!

    ReplyDelete