Sunday, July 5, 2009

Corn Chips

I discovered something when we made fajitas last week. I despise corn tortillas. The texture must be an aquired taste. In any case, the next time we make anything that requires tortillas I will stick with the flour ones.

In my haste, I purchased a pack of 30 corn tortillas, so now what could I do? When life gives you lousy tortillas, make chips! I did some perusing online and after looking at several recipes on how to make corn chips, I decided on a hybrid blend of all of them.



Crispy Corn Chips
A mish-mash of about 12 different recipes


Ingredients
10 corn tortillas
1/8 cup olive oil
about 1/8 teaspoon each of:
black pepper
cayenne pepper
salt
garlic powder
onion powder

Directions
Pour olive oil into a small measuring cup. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup I had in the kitchen, but any will do. Add spices to the cup and mix.

Cut the corn tortillas into eights using a pizza cutter. Spread as many as can fit onto a non-stick baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush each triangle with the olive oil/spice mixture.

Bake for 10 minutes at 350, rotating the baking sheet after 5 minutes. Let cool and serve with salsa or guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment