Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Abs Diet Trail Mix

This snack is the perfect thing to keep you going during the work week. If I have time, I make it on the weekend and put it into plastic bags to take with me during the week. It's much healthier than anything I can pick up at work! This would also make a great snack to bring with you to a party. It only takes about 20 min total to make.

Abs Diet Trail Mix
Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide

Ingredients
1 cup Whole almonds
1 cup Pecan halves
1/3 cup Oats
Cooking spray
2 tbs Honey
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup orange cherry Craisins
1 Large packed dried apricots

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Place nuts and oats in bowl and spray evenly with cooking spray (about 3 shots). Drizzle with 1 tablespoon honey and add cinnamon. Mix well and spread on a non-stick cookie sheet.



Place in oven for about 10 minutes.(Mine burn a little at 10 min, so keep a close eye on them) Remove from oven and let cool.



Stir in the second tablespoon of honey and mix in the dried fruit. Divide into 1/4 cup servings and place each into a zip top bag.



Review
Like I said above, this is a really quick snack that you can take just about anywhere. After tax season, we plan to do some more hiking, so I'm sure we'll be taking this with us to replenish. I haven't tried it with other nuts, but I'm sure it would taste great! I think my husband gives it two thumbs up. The picture below is evidence he couldn't even wait for it to cool!

4 comments: