Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The end of summer

Now that Labor Day has passed, we can also say good-bye to summer. Goodbye to watermelon, ripe berries, and dining "al fresco". One thing I will really miss about summer is sangria. Of all summer drinks, I really love this one. This summer I received The Bridal Edition of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. In it, there was a great recipe for white strawberry sangria. The recipe called for 1/2 cup of strawberry schnapps, but I searched high and low, and came up empty. I ended up using strawberry Pucker instead. As a result, my sangria wasn't actually "white", but "pink". It was still great! 

It was pretty strong overall, so I would also suggest adding a little seltzer water to the mix if you want it to be a little lighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment