First, I had to check if a black bean qualified as a legume. A quick hop over to wikipedia informed me that, yes, the beans qualified. Since I've made them before, I started with the old recipe and then doctored it up.
- This time I used one can of corn and one can of black beans.
- I added half of a red pepper to the pulsed mixture.
- No jalapeno because the grocery story was sold out.
- Instead of fresh herbs I had to settle for dried because, again, the grocery store was fresh out.
- I used a whole wheat sandwich thin instead of a traditional hamburger bun.
- Served with salsa this time instead of traditional burger toppings. My husband quite liked his with hot sauce.
- When I cooked the first batch on medium, one side burned before it could cook through. I would suggest cooking at a lower temp for longer.
- Don't try to flip them before they've cooked pretty thoroughly or they will fall apart.
|Wayne's World EXTREME CLOSE-UP!|