Saturday, June 6, 2009

Black Bean Tacos

I made this recipe a couple months ago, but since I haven't been cooking much I thought I would post this. It was really quick and it doesn't require much prep work. I first saw it on Big City Cooking, but a few weeks later, smitten kitchen also posted it.

Crispy Black Bean Tacos
originally from Bon Appetit magazine, reworked by Big City Cooking and smitten kitchen


Ingredients

15 oz black beans, drained
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
5 tsp olive oil, divided
1 lime, juiced
2 c. coleslaw mix
2 green onions, green part only - I just used regular onions
1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
8 corn tortillas
1/2 c. feta reduced fat mexican blend cheese

Directions

Place beans, cumin, and garlic powder in bowl and partially mash (I used the back of a tablespoon, but I saw in the smitten kicthen post later that she used a potato masher. Either looks like it would accomplish the job). in a separate bowl combine coleslaw mix, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, and 2 tsp oil. Season with salt and pepper.


Heat 3 tsp oil in large skilled over medium high heat. Add tortillas and heat for 1 minute. Top half with the bean mixture and fold over. Heat 1 minute on each side until crispy. Remove from pan and stuff with feta and coleslaw mixture. Serve immediately. (if you want some heat top with hot sauce)

1 comment:

  1. Your Crispy Black Bean Tacos sounds scrumptious Melissa.

    ReplyDelete