Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Cocktails - Magic Hat #9

Okay, so I know this isn't really a cocktail, but I'm sort of hard to please when it comes to beer, so I thought I'd post about one of my favorites - Magic Hat #9. I'm not sure if it's what they were going for with the name, but whenever I hear/see it, I think of that song "Love Potion #9". This beer is a perennial favorite in my household. It's not that expensive and it tastes great.

The Magic Hat website describes the beer as follows: "sort of dry, crisp, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there's never been anything else quite like it. Our secret ingredient introduces a most unusual aroma which is balanced with residual sweetness."

I think the secret ingredient is some sort of peach extract, because that's what it tastes like to me. Magic Hat brews this year-round, but it is especially lovely in the summer.


picture taken from thisnext.com


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a beer fan either, but last year came across a Dutch beer - Grolsh - that I love.

    ReplyDelete