Saturday, March 14, 2009

Posts of the Week

Today is really turning out to be great. For starters, it's a Saturday in March and I'm not working. Woo hoo!! This will probably be the last Saturday until after April 15 I'll be able to enjoy this sort of thing. The weather isn't that great (it's a lovely 40 degrees F out today), but at least I can catch up on my blogging and go for a run on my treadmill. I also got to enjoy breakfast with my husband this morning. Here are a few shots of the scrambled eggs we made:



A few recipe highlights from some of the blogs I follow:

Erica at Erica's Chicken Adventures made Crockpot Salsa Chicken.

Jessie of The Hungry Mouse made Peanut Butter Smores Cups.

clstar of Cook Like a Champion made some delicious looking and beautifully decorated sugar cookies.

Joelen of Joelen's Culinary Adventures found a way to combine my affinity for Mexican and Pizza with these Mexican Calzones.

And the winner for "most interesting and unique recipe of the week" goes to Joie DeVivre for her Peanut Butter Quesadillas.

Thanks for blogging these recipes! Even though I can't do much cooking this time of year, it's still nice to look at all your posts and drool!

We also got a new camera about two weeks ago, so here are some pictures we've taken fo the cats. Now I just need to figure out to photograph a white cat better!






2 comments:

  1. Very cute kitty!
    40 degrees? I think an omelette will be perfect, have you ever put ratatouille? It's out of the world.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Saturday off! I took my first one off in awhile too and went out for breakfast with my husband. Lots of fun to be able to putter over breakfast rather than rush out the door!

    ReplyDelete