Sunday, March 1, 2009

Black Bean and Corn Salad

Now that I am eating unhealthy dinners every night at work, I'm trying to eat healthier throughout the day to make up for it. Last Sunday, we stopped at our local Whole Foods and picked up some of the ingredients I used for this lunch. It made enough for me to eat 4 days, so on Friday I had to take leftovers. It was really tasty, but could probably ise some tomatoes or green peppers to diversify the flavors. I also wanted to add some chick peas to it, but when we got home I realized we didn't have any in the pantry.

This recipe also features quinoa. I didn't know much about this grain before I purchased it, only that it's similar to couscous. If you'd like to know more, you can read up on this healthy grain here.

Black Bean and Corn Salad

Ingredients

1 can black beans, drained
1 can yellow corn, drained
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/4 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

Mix all above together. Seperate into 4 lunch sized portions. Enjoy!



Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment